Cheap Holidays to Spain – Tips on Minimizing Your Expenditure
Due to the fact that the Euro has become stronger even in the midst of the rising food and fuel costs, traveling to Spain has never been easier. Add to that the proliferation of budget airfares, hostels, and money-saving travel packages. These and other factors have made visiting Spain inexpensive and attainable. Better yet, you can cut expenses even more, particularly on transportation and accommodation, if you want to spend cheap holidays to Spain. Just follow these simple tips.
1. Book your flight months in advance to get the best rates in flights. Try not to book flights that are close to your travel date because the costs may be extremely high. But take note that some airlines offer last-minute deals to fill up the aircraft’s seats.
2. Share accommodation in youth hostels with your travel partner if you don’t require a private room. Backpackers all over the globe stay in hostels because they’re inexpensive and enable you to converse with other budget travelers. An even cheaper method is couch surfing, a hospitality service wherein a homeowner lets you sleep in his house (specifically a couch) for free or with a very minimal fee. There are a lot of websites that enable you to contact people who are willing to let you stay in their homes for a a night or two.
3. For cheap holidays to Spain, try the bus. Traveling by bus is typically cheaper than traveling by train although you can already save a lot when traveling by train. Avoid rental cars or taxis—they are very high priced.
4. If you want to explore the places around major cities such as Barcelona and Madrid, use the metro systems, or subways. They are very inexpensive and simple to use. Even better, you can just walk to go to places of interest. Walking around allows you to explore the areas even closer and does not cost a cent.
5. If you can, take carry-on luggage only, especially if you are planning a short trip. Many airlines charge check-in bags, so traveling with hand luggage only can save money. But note that for long vacations, this is not possible. If you need to carry check-in baggage, keep it light.
For cheap holidays to Spain, visit Travel Republic.